Thursday, March 1, 2018

Kristen's interview with WWD and LA Times at the Chanel Beauty Event



WWD “It’s a back-to-front full-circle story,” said Stewart, referring to the symbiotic relationship between herself and the house: she’s an official muse, and Chanel has supported her films “Personal Shopper” and “Sils Maria” with wardrobes and press tour garb.

“The first two times I ever met Karl [Lagerfeld], or the team he worked with, which definitely came before meeting him, I saw they have an ease in which they approach aesthetic. While being visionary and revolutionary, they also know how to accept people for who they are and allow that to inform the story they want to tell. So I never felt like I was working for someone who was like, ‘Listen, I need you to look a certain way, I need you to say this thing.’ They always, as I grew up, felt my trajectory and energy and worked with it. In a business that’s totally about looks and how you present yourself, that’s a really honest way of doing that. And it’s totally not normal. I was like, ‘Yeah, I would love to help you tell your stories and help you make your art. I do something else entirely, but if you think this dress will do the thing and I respond to it…’ To watch people who do that, especially as an actor, it’s kind of the same feeling you have when you see a director find their vision,” she said.

Some more quotes from the LA Times.

“Everything they make tells a story,” Kristen Stewart said of Chanel as she arrived at a private party in West Hollywood celebrating the Chanel Beauty House, the brand’s interactive beauty pop-up. “The team at Chanel that puts the makeup together, they sit and theorize and think of the stories that they want to tell through makeup.”

Before stepping foot inside the temporary space, Stewart, who has a longstanding relationship with the French fashion house, sang the praises of Chanel’s global creative makeup and color designer.

“Lucia Pica is the most talented person I’ve ever met,” she said. “She designs most of the makeup at Chanel. She’s this intrinsic, natural artist. She’s truly instinctive in the way that she approaches things.”

Stewart wore a navy and ecru wool and cashmere cardigan and skirt from the brand’s Métiers D’art Paris-Hamburg 2017/’18 collection. She paired the look with Chanel shoes and Chanel fine jewelry “Coco Crush” rings in 18-karat white gold and diamonds.

“I’ve worked with Chanel since I was little,” said Stewart of her longtime relationship with the brand. She said Chanel’s team has never tried to “fit” her “into the mold of what they would like to sell.”

She said the fashion house has always given her the freedom to find “things that feel true,” adding, “I’m lucky to have found the right people because I was so young. It wasn’t even necessarily a choice. It was this natural drawing to each other.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?